[pure-silver] Re: Personal Dev Times

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 16:17:39 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Koch, Gerald" <gkoch02@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 9:41 AM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Personal Dev Times

I believe that Verichrome Pan was double layer and it goes back to 1956.
I don't know if the older Verichrome was double coated. It was
introduced in 1931.

Jerry

AFAIK, the original Verichrome, and practically all negative films of the time were double coated. This, as Ryuji states, was done to control the curve shape and extend latitude.
The advantage of thin emulsion films is that there is less spreading of the image due to scattering (irradiation) in the emulsion.

---