[pure-silver] Personal Dev Times

  • From: "Justin F. Knotzke" <jknotzke@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 07:18:21 -0400

Thanks to everyone who replied concerning getting water to temp. I picked up an aquarium thermometer and it's about 2c off but I can adjust to compensate and it works like a charm..

I did a photoshoot this past weekend.. I souped them all in DDX. I was browsing Ilford's techsheet for DDX and I noticed a section concerning dilutions. For a 500ml tank using 1+4, Ilford suggests 100ml concentrate and 400ml of water.

I was using 125 + 375. So, stupid me, I mixed for the last two rolls using Ilford's method. They came out thin. Same studio, same girls, same lights, same film, same dilution times (digital truth).

   All the other rolls I shot using my method of dilution came out OK.

Bottom line is I need to retest my film. I have the testing procedures for personal EI. Anyone know where I can find the testing procedures for coming up with personal development times? I know the latest ViewCamera had an article on it but hell's bells if I can find where I put the issue.

   Thanks

Justin F. Knotzke
jknotzke@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.shampoo.ca