[pure-silver] Re: How do I increase local contrast in my shadows when printing?

  • From: DarkroomMagic <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PureSilverNew <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 17:25:14 +0200

Peter

Try a tri-color blue filter (not your ?grade¹ 5 filter) that will give you
maximum paper contrast. If that does not work you can try a different paper
developer or a different dilution or a masking technique. Why are you
against selenium toning? It won¹t give you much beyond half a grade but why
not try it? Also, are you using fresh paper? Paper gets ?softer¹ with age.

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

http://www.darkroomagic.com