[pure-silver] Re: How do I increase local contrast in my shadows when printing?

  • From: Laurence Cuffe <Laurence.Cuffe@xxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 21:50:31 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: DarkroomMagic <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sunday, September 18, 2005 4:25 pm
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: How do I increase local contrast in my
shadows when printing?

Well some sugestions, 1 over expose a lot and then pull the print before
development is complete, It may help to dilute the developer here, If
you do it right you may get the area of interest still on the steep part
of the paper characteristic curve. 2 try a little local bleaching with
some fericynide on a Q tip, 3 try lith delveloping, you might get some
infectious development effect which would bring out the detail you want
finaly, and this is of course absolute heresy, scan it in, adjust
everyting to suit in photoshop, and then produce a digital negative from
which to print.

All the best
LArry Cuffe