[pure-silver] Re: Fees

  • From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 17:02:14 -0700

The other side of the fence......

We just went to a wedding.  The B+G searched out the photographers.

They got a very professional person to do the job ( no proofs yet so who
knows what he actually got).  They will receive some form of book with some
number of  prints in it, some large prints and, at the end of a year, all
the raw image files on a CD.  ( the wedding was done in Canon 35mm digital.)
No formal images were desired by the bride... All are candids.

The cost?  $3500.

In their search, they found many photographers that were... $3000-25,000.

I do not want to claim this as absolutely true, but the days of hourly rate
plus so much a roll is about over.  An average wedding costs $25,000.
10-15% for a photographer is what the wedding planners are saying.

Caveat Emptor.

Frank Filippone
red735i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx