[pure-silver] Re: Developing Plus-X in Rodinal 1+100

  • From: Horvath Krisztian <hkcsii@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 11:04:53 +0100

Hello All,

Can the "constant agitation" be the keywords? I can imagine that a periodic "some" inversions in 30sec-1min-2min-etc. is far enough from constant agitation, so Rodinal die later. A friend of mine made an experiment with a third of a roll of T-Max in Rodinal 1+250 (2ml Rodinal in 500ml water), 90min at 24 °C (75 deg F.) Agitation was once in every min for the first ten minutes, then 30sec in every 5 mins. The result was OK, so it seems to me that if the agitation is not continuous, Rodinal doesn't die so soon.

Regards,
Chris

Klaus Schreiber wrote:

The German chemist Franz S. Borgerding published his experiment which consisted in measuring the potential of Rodinal 1+50 at 20°C with constant agitation. It fell under 700 mV after 17 minutes vs. normal hydrogene. That means that the developer does not work no longer.

luxikon