[pure-silver] Developing Plus-X in Rodinal 1+100

  • From: Bogdan Karasek <bkarasek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 13:37:47 -0500

I'm planning on shooting some 120 Plus-X at the rated 125 iso and I want to develop it in Rodinal 1+100. I checked the Massive development Chart and it gives 6 min for Rod 1+25 and 13 min for Rod 1+50. What would be the extrapolation for the time if I developed in Rod 1+100? I figure a ballpark time of around 18-19 minutes. Does somebody have a more precise time?

In passing, is 125 iso a good starting point or should I be shooting with a lower iso, say 64. Haven't used Plus-X since high school in the 60's, so I am unfamiliar with what I assume is an updated version of Plus-X or has it stayed essentially the same emulsion?

Any info about Plus-X would be appreciated, pros and cons.

 Bogdan Karasek
 Montréal, Québec                     bogdan(at)bogdanphoto.com
 Canada                               www.bogdanphoto.com

                    "I bear witness"