[pure-silver] Re: Developing Plus-X in Rodinal 1+100

  • From: Klaus Schreiber <luxikon@xxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 12:00:09 +0100

Hi Bogdan,

Rodinal at 20°C is totally dead after 17 minutes of development. At 18°C after about 22 minutes.

Seasonal greetings
luxikon

Bogdan Karasek schrieb:
Hi,

I'm planning on shooting some 120 Plus-X at the rated 125 iso and I want to develop it in Rodinal 1+100. I checked the Massive development Chart and it gives 6 min for Rod 1+25 and 13 min for Rod 1+50. What would be the extrapolation for the time if I developed in Rod 1+100? I figure a ballpark time of around 18-19 minutes. Does somebody have a more precise time?

In passing, is 125 iso a good starting point or should I be shooting with a lower iso, say 64. Haven't used Plus-X since high school in the 60's, so I am unfamiliar with what I assume is an updated version of Plus-X or has it stayed essentially the same emulsion?

Any info about Plus-X would be appreciated, pros and cons.

Cheers,
Bogdan