[pure-silver] Re: Building sink again

  • From: "EJ Neilsen" <ej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 23:23:00 -0600

Mark, I have a 16 foot long sink made out of ½ marine ply wood with an epoxy
paint. The depth is 9 inches in front and sides and 20 inches in back. I
have a tempered line with 4 values and one cold and one hot  line. I only
have the one drain line, but do with I?d put in another and sometimes think
about just adding one for the direct chemical dump to help keep the tray
bottoms a little cleaner. My washer sits outside of the sink. It is wide
enough to hold a 30x40 tray or about 37?. It can easily handle a for run of
20x24 trays with holding and hypo clean all in the same set up; a total of 7
trays.

The seam of the sink is just a lap joint and the sides were set in channels
for an interlocking set up. The base is made of some 2x4 and some 1x4. It
has been working fine for 8 years, but I could put a fresh coat on as some
wear is starting to show.

Eric Neilsen Photography

4101 Commerce Street

Suite 9