[pure-silver] Re: Building sink again

  • From: "mail1" <mail1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 11:30:23 -0800

My sinks are 5" deep 34"wide 9' long and 8"deep 34" wide 8' long. Both
sink are 44" high from the floor mat. I stand 6'4". They are fabricated
out of stainless steel, and sit in level adjustable cabinets I
constructed. The faucets are just with in my reach. I have found the
width ideal because my developer and fixer trays sit in larger water
bath trays. The 8" deep sink was designed for the Jobo processor, and
16x20 print washer heights. The sink back constructed out of plywood
serves as the mount for the water valves, and temp controllers,
electrical outlets, clock mounts, and dimmable sink lighting. This back
is also the duct for the room exhaust with a slot running the length of
and just above the sink, and a smaller slot near head level. The
filtered air inlet slot runs the length of a ceiling light soffit on the
opposite wall. The exhaust fans are adjustable from 200 to 1750 CFM

On the left end wall is the electrical inlet. GFI protected master shut
off for the dark room with separate sub switches for the wet and dry
side. There is a single ceiling light switch by the entrance door which
is not on the master circuit. This switch system shut downs the dark
room quickly.

Under the sinks in the cabinets are drawers, and shelf storage for
trays, silver recover system, air compressor, etc. At the end of the
sink line are the paper, and film drying cabinets.

The water systems I constructed have shut off valves, filters, and
pressure reducers under the sink. Each sink has its own temp regulating
valve and 3 valve distribution manifolds so that the film and paper
washers remain connected to the water system. Also there is an
additional single outlet hot & cold faucet with thermometer so that I
don't have to readjust the temp controller.
All non disposable chemicals are collected for off site disposal. I use
a 6" funnel which sits in the large sink drain so that I can dump
disposables thereby reducing contamination in the sinks.
I must admit that is does not have to be this elaborate, but is sure
makes it nice, and it was fun to design and build.

Jonathan Ayers
Mail1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx