[pure-silver] Re: Building sink again

  • From: "EJ Neilsen" <ej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 11:05:01 -0600

Nick, The hardi backer may be an OK choice, but the ceramic tile is an
accident waiting to happen. I still use quite a bit of glass lab ware in my
studio and the idea of something breaking because it got tipped over or
chipped is not my idea of good safety. The hardi back still requires
something to set it on so you would be cutting twice. You are also
increasing the weight; board, hardi backer, thin set or mastic, tile.  And
when I tile bathrooms, I still use a layer of tar paper between the hardi
backer and the studs or drywall.

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street
Suite 9