[pure-silver] Re: Building sink again

  • From: Lloyd Erlick <lloyd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 15:19:25 -0500

At 10:13 AM 2/11/2007 , you wrote:

> I know several people have suggested having sinks that are 8 inches
deep&..
> I have a commercial ( $149) ABS sink that is around 5 deep and I think it
has
> advantages at that height.  #1.. if the sink is 8 inches deep, you have to
> reach DOWN 8 inches to reach the bottom and do anything.    Are your arms
> long enough?

February 11, 2007, from Lloyd Erlick,

Part of my reason for thinking I'd like my sink a little deeper is that I use
duckboards. Although the sides are six inches, anything in the sink settles at
four and a half. Doesn't feel like a reach.

As for back comfort, anti-fatigue mats are essential. Zero-cost
anti-fatigue is
available in convenient rolls wherever anyone is throwing away a cut edge of
installed carpeting. A ten inch or so width suffices. If there's enough,
double
it up, both carpet faces in. Throw it away if it gets too dirty or whenever a
new one appears.

regards,
--le
Lloyd Erlick Portraits, Toronto.