RE: Plextalk PTP1 Line In

  • From: Penny Golden <goldpen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 14:25:31 -0600

Frank, I think there is copy protection on the pt1, though I haven't seen one of those in awhile.

Explain this again for me?
What do I do? Cut the thing into tracks and then delete the first track and the save it back? Delete the second track, and then save it back?
Is that the idea?
If I don't have it right, do give it to me again.
I actually do create something. But what I want to do is to just record several hours of songs and be able to save the separate songs as mp3s to my hard drive on the computer. But sometimes I want 1 song from some old record; sometimes I'll take all the songs. And when I do that latter business, the plex won't allow me to make a single track out of something that I have not already tracked already. It will allow me to make a nice long file, but when it cuts it, it's only a track number; not a separated file.
Best, Penny
  At 02:07 PM 11/26/2009, you wrote:
Penny,

An interesting question about "tracking out" mp3 files.

I notice that  when I perform editing on my plextalk recorders that the
daisy structure gets  more and more messy as if its  actually not
changing the original mp3 file but  just indexing it and documenting my
edits in additional files.  However I recently edited some  long
convention recordings on  my  ptp1 and then used the build book function
and backed the file up to a thumb drive.  Guess what! One clean mp3 file
was in the  resulting book.

So I have not tried this way of making separate track files but it might
be interesting to  experiment  with it.

Take a file that you want to split in to 4 mp3 tracks.  Make a backup
copy of the original. Delete everything but track 1 from the version in
the ptp1 then build and backup to  create track1.   Copy back the
original file and delete everything but the track 2 material then build
and backup to  the track 2  file.  And so on.

It would also be interesting to know if serial copy protection prevents
this process.  Since you are not creating  compact disks there is really
no reason for it.  I am not  sure if the copy protection  is even
implimented on the  ptr1.

Frank cuta