Re: Plextalk PTP1 Line In

  • From: Penny Golden <goldpen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 18:31:07 -0600

I seem to remember getting this same answer and (blissfully) forgetting.
Thanks.  I need to edit, I am sure, using the computer.
Thanks so very much.
Penny.
At 06:02 PM 11/25/2009, you wrote:
Hello, Penny and all,

Responding to the question about line-in quality on the PTP1 compared to the PTR2 - I don't have the ear for that type of comparison. I will leave it to someone else to comment on.

As for the MP3 questions:
The Pocket always records material in the structure of a Daisy title. Of course, you can later go into the book title folder and pull out any or all of the mp3 files and do what you want with them using an audio editor.
The Pocket records in the following formats and quality:
PCM 44.1 KHz stereo
PCM 22.05 KHz mono
MP3 256 KBPS 44.1 KHz stereo
MP3 128 KBPS 44.1 KHz stereo
MP3 64 KBPS 44.1 KHz mono
MP3 32 KBPS 22.05 KHz mono
As for your question, Penny, about taking out an MP3 track ... I don't really understand what you are asking. I will say the Pocket editting capabilities are similar to those of the normal mode on the PTR2 and not as advanced as the book creator mode. You can easily set and remove headings although they are always set to level 1. Sections can be deleted. You cannot edit at the phrase level. Sections cannot be moved or copied.

HTH,
Jeff

At 02:27 PM 11/25/2009, you wrote:
More than one of us would like this information.
I'd also like to know if I can make plain mp3 recordings on the plextalk-pocket. Can I cut them in the plex-pocket and track them out as I am used to doing with the plextalk 2? Except in the plex2, I cannot cut apart a long file into mp3s.
Can that be done on the pocket?