[projectaon] Re: Editor's Companion Submission

  • From: Timothy Pederick <pederick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 16:26:24 +0800

On 2010-02-08, Benjamin I Krefetz <krefetz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm too lazy to work it out, but is it mathematically possible to have the
> CS of 52 that would be necessary to kill Tagazin outright without the
> Sommerswerd?  (Base CS of 34 + 8 for Kai-surge + 5 for Weaponmastery...
> Any way of getting the remaining 5?)

...+4 for completing books 13-16. And I am NOT going back over the
"25+x" vs. "10+x+Kai/Magnakai series bonuses" question again, just to
see if you can eke out one more point of CS from Special Items. Got
any Alether?

It should be noted that you don't NEED to kill him outright ('K' on
the CRT). In s.230, you do, because you've only got one round. But in
the parallel s.53, you have two rounds. Assuming you use Kai-blast,
you could knock an (admittedly unlikely) 36 points off his EP, leaving
just 9 to take by normal methods.

More realistically, you could do average damage with two rounds of
Kai-blast (approx. 18 EP), and do 27 points of damage, requiring a
minimal CS of 46. Of course, since you can't use Kai-surge (or other
psychic attacks) in the same round as Kai-blast, that's somewhat
harder to manage...

Interesting thought experiment. But yeah, it's quite possible to
defeat Tagazin in two rounds, and we only need to account for another
+1 CS to be able to defeat him in one round.

--
Tim Pederick