[projectaon] Re: Editor's Companion Submission

  • From: "David Davis" <feline1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 16:58:53 -0000

Am I being a bit dense...? - where are the suggested
corrections that Jon is commenting on here? :-)
(or are they from an email months ago?)
Anyways, I'm sorta commenting in the dark here, but:

> (??) 04wotw 298 #2:  [jb: I vote to change it because it refers to Grey
> Star's powers which are the Magical Powers not generic magical powers.]

yup

> (??) 04wotw 175:  [jb: This raises an interesting precedent. Could this be
> an alternative rule for negative WP scores?]

Absolutely! I'd forgotten all about this little piece of rules,
but it makes good sense, and is pretty consistent with stuff that
happens elsewhere in the books.
(ie, you often loose Willpower *and* EPs when something like
the Kazim Stone or a Klesaa are attacking you)

It's good for gameplay because instead of letting you run up some kinda of
nebulous
"willpower overdraft", it physically weakens Grey Star and would eventually
prove fatal.

I'd definately vote that we draw attention to it in the general Rules
section
where we discuss the possibility of "negative willpower".

It still doesn't quite do away with the fact that the text in places has
said
"if your willpower has fallen to zero OR LESS" (am I remembering that
correctly?)
but it seems a good workable way to deal with the issue, and I think we'd do
well to commend it to players as a rules suggestion.

DAVID
http://www.feline1.co.uk