[projectaon] Re: Editor's Companion Submission

  • From: "Thomas Wolmer" <thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 19:10:19 +0100 (CET)

Jonathan Blake said:
> On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 18:15:44 -0000, David Davis <feline1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> Jon, I see you're opting for the phrase
>> "World of Lone Wolf adventures" rather than "Grey Star adventures".
>>
>> I did consider this when I drafted my footnotes -
>> The publishers clearly did brand these "World of Lone Wolf" adventures
>> (eg on the front covers), however I wanted to see if I could
>> avoid the phrase if possible, as it seemed a little unwieldy -
>> and when you look at the existing text of "The Game Rules", you'll
>> see that Page & Dever apparently thought likewise -
>> the rules consistently refer to "Grey Star adventures".
>> (Moreover, being even more pedantic ;-) this may be technically
>> correct as well, since Lone Wolf Club Newsletters indicate that
>> Dever did intend further "World of Lone Wolf" books which were not
>> *Grey Star* books [eg with Banedon] - however these rules which
>> we are footnoting do specifically refer to *Grey Star adventures*....)
>
> I had forgotten the fact that more World of Lone Wolf series were
> planned but never materialized. There are probably many other places
> that we've referred to them as World of Lone Wolf books, and I don't
> want to go back and change all of those at the moment even if I'm not
> the one doing the work. :) However, we could change these back to
> refer to the series as the Grey Star adventures.

I have checked the books, and we only use the term in the license and in
the bios. Thus not much to change there.

The original books only use it in the blurbs and in this sentence in
The Game Rules of 02tfc:

"If you have already completed Grey Star the Wizard (Book 1 of the World
of Lone Wolf series), you already have your COMBAT SKILL, ENDURANCE and
WILLPOWER points and your Magical Powers."

--
Thomas
Project Aon workbench: http://www.projectaon.org/~thomas/