[projectaon] Re: Book 13 Erratum

  • From: Jonathan Blake <jonathan.blake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 15:56:36 -0700

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 7:45 AM, Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Over on the forum is a post about something we intend to alter for the next
> release of Book 13, specifically the hoary old chestnut about re-picking
> stats when transitioning from Book 12 -> 13. Since you don;t repick your
> starts in transitioning from Book 1 -> 2 (just in case you might get better
> numbers), it seems obvious to me that you do NOT re-pick stats, but some
> feel otherwise.
>
> <http://projectaon.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=helpwanted&action=display&thread=2248>
>
> Anyone want to field a reply/response? Are we happy with the changes we
> intend to make? Am currently laid low with a very unpleasant bug, so I'll
> leave it in the capable hands of the rest of the PA staff! ;-)

Hope you're feeling better now.

This seems to have gotten very little discussion the first go 'round
because we got caught up with +3/+5 Bow bonus. I can see the point of
someone being at a disadvantage if they started in the middle of the
series (although I wonder if anyone does that now that all of the
books are freely available online). Should we just reverse our
decision and leave it as "can"?