[projectaon] Re: Book 13 Erratum

  • From: John TFS <johntfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 14:30:20 +0000

I agree with David on this one.  Let's look at the actual wording of the
passage in question.

If you have successfully completed any of the previous adventures in the
 Lone Wolf series (Books 1-12), you can carry your current scores of COMBAT
SKILL and ENDURANCE
 points over to Book 13. These scores may include Lore-circle bonuses.
You may also benefit from the Disciplines that you've mastered (e.g.
Weaponmastery, Curing, and Psi-surge bonuses).1
 Only if you have completed these previous adventures will you benefit
from the appropriate bonuses in the course of the Grand Master series.
You may also carry over any Weapons and Backpack Items you had in your
possession at the end of your last adventure, and these should be
entered on your new Grand Master Action Chart (you are still limited to two
Weapons, but you may now carry up to ten Backpack Items).

This passage divides the "carry over" aspect into three separate
considerations.  You may carry over your original CS and EP, which may include
Lore-Circle bonus, or you can repick those stats should you choose.  In
addition to that, you may carry over any Weaponmastery, Curing and Psi-surge
bonuses of you completed books and had those Dsiciplines when you did so.
Finally, you can carry over any Weapons, Backpack Items, Gold Crowns and those
allowable Special Items that are listed below.

In terms of stat-picking, you will absolutely gain in CS.  However, you do
stand some chance of losing EP,  With all the Lore Circles included, a Magnakai
Lone Wolf has a CS range of 15+(0-9) and an EP range of 31+(0-9).  A
Grandmaster, on the other hand has a CS range of 25+(0-9) and an EP range of
30+(0-9).