[projectaon] Re: Book 13 Erratum

  • From: Benjamin I Krefetz <krefetz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 03:07:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 15 May 2012, Chris Neilson wrote:

On Mon, 2012-05-14 at 23:33 +0000, John TFS wrote:

A footnote could be included to mention the other Items.  My concept
was to balance the LW character with the New Order books for Project
Aon players.

Ah, I see.
Well I guess thats where we differ in opinion then.
I see the New Order book as a completely different series as there is no
interaction/continuation between veteran Lone Wolf characters and New
Order books (like Grey Star) and hence no reason to bring them into
parity.

  The New Order GM starts the game with CS from 25-34 and an EP of
30-39.  He also gets a Kai Weapon which gives him a base bonus of +5
CS or a circumstantial bonus from +7 to +9.  The Sommerswerd's
permanent +8 CS bonus is a little more potent than that of a Kai
Weapon, but not outrageously so.  Having all those other Special Items
added in would tend to nerf things more than a little bit, so I tossed
them.

Youre making the assumption that combats (ie the CS/EP scores of
enemies) in the Grandmaster series are comparable to combats in the New
Order series.

combats from first book of both series, removing duplicates (also not
taking into consideration situational modifiers). easiest enemy in in
21votm has a higher CS than half the enemies in 13plor, that being said
there are a couple of nasty fights (3 Ruel Giganite, Exterminus,
Degradon).

By the same argument, the hardest fight in 21votm is easier than 15% of the fights in 13tplor.

Ben