[projectaon] Re: 27v comment period

  • From: Chris Neilson <crusty.chris@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 14:38:11 +1200

In the interests of not adding unnecessary footnotes, if people have played the books since 21 wouldnt they already have the Eye noted on their Action Chart under Special Items?

Unless they have left it in safe storage, in which case they do not have it.

Am I missing something here?

On 23/09/13 19:30, John TFS wrote:
1) That seems reasonable

2) This, not so much. The main reason this was put in was to limit the amount of Items that LW might choke his sheet with going into a new set of adventures. As is, he could potentially have 9 of his 12 Special Items occupied by stuff he's already picked up (the Korlinium Scabbard doesn't take up a Special Item space. Presumably the New Order guy has been keeping track of his stuff over the previous six adventures and deciding what to keep with him, what to keep at home and what to chunk in the Kai trashbin.

3) I can see your point, but I think we decided to just leave the passage as was.

From: melvincwmah@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 11:56:10 +0800
Subject: [projectaon] Re: 27v comment period
To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Jon and co,

Please find comments below:

1. As for section 130, which I suggested about Eye of Lhaz, it would be great to put a footnote plainly because many of those who played the series starting from Book 21 may have forgotten that they have picked it up during the Buccaneers of Shadaki. 2. In Game Rules section, you may have remembered there's a paragraph that was like this in the Grand Master series:

/However, only the following Special Items may be carried over from the Lone Wolf Kai (Books 1–5) and Magnakai (Books 6–12) series to the Lone Wolf Grand Master series (Books 13-onwards):/
//

  * /Crystal Star Pendant/
  * /Sommerswerd/
  * /Silver Helm/
  * /Dagger of Vashna/
  * /Silver Bracers/
  * /Jewelled Mace/
  * /Silver Bow of Duadon/
  * /Helshezag/
  * /Kagonite Chainmail/
  * /Korlinium Scabbard/

We might want to consider adding that to the Game Rules section from Buccaneers onwards base on the special items collected, apart from the Kai Weapon. 3. Section 219 - (near to the end), the results based on the entries are jumbled. Presently, base on the total from RNT (plus 2 with Assimilance):
123 - Death (0)

254 - You lose 1 endurance point. (1 to 3)

300 - You lose 3 endurance points (4 to 7)

192 - You lose 2 endurance points (8 or higher)
Should be in order: 123, 300, 192, 254.

Thanks and regards,
Melvin

On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 6:35 AM, Jonathan Blake <jonathan.blake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jonathan.blake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Let's start the comment period for Vampirium and get this one out the
    door. The comment period will end next Friday, 27 September (unless we
    find a reason to extend it).

    For anyone not familiar, a comment period is the last stage before we
    publish a book. Everyone is invited to check out the book and make
    sure it lives up to our high standards. Check it by doing whatever
    makes the most sense to you, but if nothing else, play through it once
    in the next week and send your feedback to this list. I'm looking
    forward to playing 27v. It's been a while.

    I've regenerated and uploaded an up-to-date file for all of our
    official formats:

    http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml/lw/27v/title.htm
    http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml-simple/lw/27v.htm
    http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml-less-simple/lw/27v/title.htm