[projectaon] Re: 26tfobm errata

  • From: Jonathan Blake <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 14:36:11 -0800

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 2:33 PM, Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 30/01/2013 23:30, Jonathan Blake wrote:
>
>> I hope to get to more errata later this week.
>
> Here's to hoping! I've updated the Outstanding stuff on the Errata page with
> a few comments as well.

Found some time! :)

> (er) The Story So Far: I am proud to accept the quest.’ -> I am proud to
> accept this quest.’ [PGS: Original version doesn't scan as well IMHO.]

Maybe, but the original is fine as-is.

> (er) 24, 91: Your senses are screaming DANGER! -> Your senses are screaming
> 'DANGER!'
> [Or, "DANGER! -> <strong>Danger!</strong>"]
> [jb: I don't like using bold or italic text, at least not in Lone Wolf. We'll
> eventually need to come up with a good alternative there. A changed
> background color?]
> [so: Personally, I don't like the idea of a changed background colour--that's
> far more distracting than bold text, IMHO.]

Yeah, what was I smoking that day? I'd suggest simply this:

DANGER! -> 'Danger!'

> (er) 25: you drop your Bow -> [lm: but you don't lose the item, right?]

There's a similar situation in 146. Honestly, I don't know whether you
lose it or not. Seems like you could pick it up after the combat in
both sections, and it doesn't definitely say that you lose it like it
often does, but maybe you're still supposed to lose it? The reader is
going to have to make the call, but should we footnote it to let them
know?

> (er) 27, 299: You may cease attacking the lid at any time (evade), by -> You
> may cease attacking the lid at any time, by [surely the lid doesn't get a
> free round of attack as per the evading combat rule]
> [Do you treat this evasion of combat as normal (i.e. do you have to do a
> final round where only GM loses EP)? Footnote?]

It seems odd, but maybe that EP loss is from the fatigue of the last
fruitless attempt that makes you throw up your hands and walk away? :)
In any case, I don't think we have enough to go on to change the rules
here.

> (er) 98: lose 3 ENDURANCE points. -> lose 1 ENDURANCE point. [jc: Compare
> with section 70, or maybe -3EP in sect 98 and -5EP in sect 70.]

I see what you're getting at, but why 1 EP and not 2? This is another
situation where I don't think we have the authority to fix an
obviously problematic section.

> (er) 139: you find only two unbroken items: a Shovel and a Pick. [jc: Could
> you keep the Shovel and the Pick? If yes, maybe each of them will occupy 2
> slots in the Backpack (like in book 4).]

Makes sense, but it's another judgement call that I don't think we can make.

> (er) 146: erase 2 Arrows from your Weapons List -> erase 2 Arrows from your
> Action Chart

Sounds good.

> (er) 155: If you possess Assimilance, [lm: you must have assimilance to reach
> this section]

Then I guess they're going to get the bonus to the RNT. ;) The best
way to fix this that I can think of is to remove that entire sentence
and change the choices from this:

If your total score is now 3 or lower, turn to 47.
If it is 4 or higher, turn to 162.

To this:

If the number you have picked is 1, turn to 47.
If it is 2 or higher, turn to 162.

Or we could just leave it alone and let everyone who gets here get the
bonus. Thoughts?

> (er) 157: psychic, and some magical, abilities -> psychic and some magical
> abilities

Agreed