[projectaon] Re: 26tfobm errata

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 12:53:00 +0000

On 07/02/2013 00:15, Jonathan Blake wrote:
(er) 165: [rw: How does the section know you have a Quiver?]

Or two Backpack items for that matter. We could add "If you possess
them," to the beginning of the sentence (or something better worded)
or add a footnote.

I really don't want to add a footnote! >_<

But the best I can come up with so far is this (which I've tentatively implemented):

(er) your Quiver and -> your Quiver (if you possess this Special Item). Also erase

(er) list of Backpack Items -> list of Backpack Items (if you possess any).

Does that sufficiently cover the instance of possessing just 1 Backpack Item? It isn't ambiguous that if you possess just one, you lose it, is it??

(er) 330: This Special Item can be used to store five additional Backpack
Items. It is kept in your backpack where it occupies only one space. -> This
Item can be used to store five additional Backpack Items. The Bag itself is
kept in your Backpack, where it occupies only one space.
[lm: does it take up a special item slot as well?]
[jc: I think the Bag of Holding definition is unclear. Special Items cannot
be kept in backpack. I suggest: "This Special Item can be used to store FOUR
additional Backpack Items. It is kept attached to your backpack."]
[so: See also this post from Snowshadow on the PA forum.]

Agreed with the general idea though we may want to say it this way:
"This Backpack Item can be used to store five additional Backpack
Items although the Bag itself occupies only one space.". Thoughts?

I went with your suggestion pending any further refinements, and I changed the text to a bulleted list. Creating the errata entries for that was fun.

All the other (straightforward) issues have been resolved. Looking forward to the final batch of (ne) issues, which should require far fewer changes--if any--and no difficult errata entries! :-)