[projectaon] Re: 26tfobm errata

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 11:31:09 +0000

The final stretch! The end is in sight (for Book 26)!

On 12/02/2013 00:44, Jonathan Blake wrote:
(ne) The Story So Far: footnote markers should not change the line spacing

In the standard version, the difference in line spacing is minimal:

http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml/lw/26tfobm/tssf.htm

Minimal as it is, we can eliminate this through CSS.

http://projectaon.org/staff/jonathan/test-footnote-line-spacing.html

While we're under the hood (bonnet?), I also increased the line height
a bit to let the text breath a bit. What do you think?

Either looks OK to me, but a standardised line-spacing that isn't altered by the presence of a footnote marker is probably preferable.

The philosophy of the simple versions is to use minimal styling to
make them as compatible as possible with as many HTML viewers as
possible (e.g. mobile devices). For this, I think we should leave the
line height etc. alone.

Definitely agree!

(ne) The Story So Far: em-dashes should have a space to either side

http://projectaon.org/staff/jonathan/test-footnote-line-spacing.html

I'm with you on this one, Simon. I might like a bit of space
surrounding the emdashes, but this is too much. I think we should
leave this alone.

It hurts my eyes! >_<

(ne) The Story So Far[x3]: dates include a space [PGS: In the book, MS5063 is
used, while you use MS 5063. Is this a general thing? Problem is, in
paragraph 4 the date then breaks across two lines. I suggest, if a space is
to be used, it should always be a non-breaking space.]

Good thought. Fixed in XML.

Do we need errata entries for the spaces included in the years for
these later books. Earlier books seem to have the errata entries.

Worked through these and added errata entries where appropriate. The GM books consistently used "MS [YEAR]", whereas the NO books (except #25) consistently used "MS[YEAR]". That's one reason why we've standardised to the former.

And that's all she wrote for the pending issues on The Fall of Blood Mountain!

And the book will be all the better for it! :-)