[projectaon] Re: 26tfobm errata

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2013 22:46:40 +0000

On 04/02/2013 19:41, Jonathan Blake wrote:
On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 2:38 AM, Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 01/02/2013 22:36, Jonathan Blake wrote:

(er) 25: you drop your Bow -> [lm: but you don't lose the item, right?]

In situations like this in other books, we've substituted 'shoulder' for
'drop' since it's usually clear that the Weapon is not discarded, and this
would obviate the need for another footnote.

I'm ambivalent about changing this, but it's probably the right way to
handle these.

Hmm. On re-reading 25, the wording is just too unclear to be definitive either way. :-\

Fixed 146 the way outlined above, but 25 is too problematic. Added a footnote instead: "As the wording here is rather ambiguous, it is up to you to decide whether to delete the Bow from your Action Chart in this instance."

Anybody want to improve on the wording?

(er) 155: If you possess Assimilance, [lm: you must have assimilance to
reach this section]

[so: The following would be less invasive: "If -> As" : "As you possess
Assimilance, add 2 to the number you have picked."]

"If -> As" is brilliant. That gets my vote.

I hope I haven't used up my quota of intelligent comments for the year already. It's only February!