[projectaon] Re: 26tfobm errata

  • From: Jonathan Blake <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 16:15:30 -0800

> (er) 164, 259: so you -> you

Agreed.

> (er) 165: [rw: How does the section know you have a Quiver?]

Or two Backpack items for that matter. We could add "If you possess
them," to the beginning of the sentence (or something better worded)
or add a footnote.

> (er) 184, 268: counter spell -> counterspell [or, "spell to counter"]

Agreed. With a handful of exceptions in The Magnamund Companion and
one originally in Beyond the Nightmare Gate, every other occurrence of
is spelled "counterspell".

> (er) 209: You approach to the edge -> You approach the edge

Agreed.

> (er) 330: This Special Item can be used to store five additional Backpack
> Items. It is kept in your backpack where it occupies only one space. -> This
> Item can be used to store five additional Backpack Items. The Bag itself is
> kept in your Backpack, where it occupies only one space.
> [lm: does it take up a special item slot as well?]
> [jc: I think the Bag of Holding definition is unclear. Special Items cannot
> be kept in backpack. I suggest: "This Special Item can be used to store FOUR
> additional Backpack Items. It is kept attached to your backpack."]
> [so: See also this post from Snowshadow on the PA forum.]

Agreed with the general idea though we may want to say it this way:
"This Backpack Item can be used to store five additional Backpack
Items although the Bag itself occupies only one space.". Thoughts?

Also I suggest we alter the format of the item list here to match
other item lists by removing the bold face and making it bulleted like
this.

~~~~~
* Korlinium Chainmail Vest (This Special Item can be worn beneath your
tunic. It adds +2 to your COMBAT SKILL.)
* Drodarin Bag of Holding (This Backpack Item can be used to store
five additional Backpack Items although the Bag itself occupies only
one space.)
* Sunderer (This Drodarin battle-axe is a Special Item. In combat
against any enemy it will give you a bonus of +5 to your COMBAT SKILL.
You may use this magical axe as an alternative to your existing Kai
Weapon.)
~~~~~

Good luck to the software folks coding for the Bag of Holding. ;)

That's the last of the errata, but there are some non-errata issues
still pending.