[projectaon] Re: 02fotw errata

  • From: Benjamin I Krefetz <krefetz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 19:16:20 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 29 Jul 2010, Jonathan Blake wrote:

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 2:15 PM, Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 29/07/2010 17:37, Jonathan Blake wrote:

(er)    37, 148:        East Bank Walk ->  West Bank Walk [tp: Just a
possibility; you are west of the River Dorn at this stage, though not
on its banks. The street doesn't go to the river banks, either;
section 323 strongly implies that it ends and becomes Lookout Street.
I'm not sure what else the street name could be referring to. A bank
of the financial kind?]
(er)    86, 194:        Westbank Wharf ->  Eastbank Wharf [tp: This one's
more
certain: the geography clearly indicates that you are on the east bank
of the River Dorn at this stage. While we're at it, should we
standardise X Bank vs. Xbank?]

I'm OK with fixing these, but we should gather a solid list of reasons
that we're making these changes so they can go on the errata page.

To paraphrase Tim Pederick's comments, how about:

Replaced "East Bank Walk" with "West Bank Walk" since you are west of the
River Dorn at this stage, though not on its  banks; nor does the street go
to the river bank, as Section 323 strongly implies that it ends and becomes
Lookout Street (cf. erratum for Section 86, re: "Westbank Wharf").

Replaced "Westbank Wharf" with "Eastbank Wharf" since the geography clearly
indicates that you are on the east bank of the River Dorn at this stage (cf.
erratum for Section 37, re: "East Bank Walk").

Do we have a section that would make clear what we mean by "geography"
in the second case?

Sure. In Section 194, you reach Section 86 by walking west back to the jetty, which implies you're east of the river.

Ben