[projectaon] Re: 02fotw errata

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 22:15:17 +0100

On 29/07/2010 17:37, Jonathan Blake wrote:
(er)    37, 148:        East Bank Walk ->  West Bank Walk [tp: Just a
possibility; you are west of the River Dorn at this stage, though not
on its banks. The street doesn't go to the river banks, either;
section 323 strongly implies that it ends and becomes Lookout Street.
I'm not sure what else the street name could be referring to. A bank
of the financial kind?]
(er)    86, 194:        Westbank Wharf ->  Eastbank Wharf [tp: This one's more
certain: the geography clearly indicates that you are on the east bank
of the River Dorn at this stage. While we're at it, should we
standardise X Bank vs. Xbank?]

I'm OK with fixing these, but we should gather a solid list of reasons
that we're making these changes so they can go on the errata page.

To paraphrase Tim Pederick's comments, how about:

Replaced "East Bank Walk" with "West Bank Walk" since you are west of the River Dorn at this stage, though not on its banks; nor does the street go to the river bank, as Section 323 strongly implies that it ends and becomes Lookout Street (cf. erratum for Section 86, re: "Westbank Wharf").

Replaced "Westbank Wharf" with "Eastbank Wharf" since the geography clearly indicates that you are on the east bank of the River Dorn at this stage (cf. erratum for Section 37, re: "East Bank Walk").

We could use anchors to link to the relevant errata entries as in Book 5 as
well, if necessary.

(er)    142, 263:       [tp: the red and white passes must be collectable even
if you don't have a backpack. To this end, they could be footnoted as
being non-items, like the forged papers (s.327), or they could just be
Special Items.]
(er)    142, 246:       white pass ->  White Pass
(er)    246, 263:       red pass ->  Red Pass

I lean toward footnoting them as Special Items. Thoughts?

So, the footnote should read something like: "The pass need not be marked on your Action Chart (and thus do not require a Backpack to carry them in)." And the proposed capitalisation of red pass and white pass can be rejected?