[projectaon] Re: More 24rw errata

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 22:01:54 +0100

On 29/07/2010 19:56, Benjamin I Krefetz wrote:

On Thu, 29 Jul 2010, Jonathan Blake wrote:

(er) 61, 289, 334: If you survive -> If you complete [SO: Or, this
mission successfully -> this mission]

This one is testing my resolve to only change wording that is
incorrect or misleading/burdensome to the reader. The idea that you
could be successful in surviving a mission is not incorrect and it
hints that you must not only survive but be successful for future
missions to take place. But I like Simon's suggestion....

I vote leave as is.

Thing is, as currently written, "successfully" modifies "survive", which means
it's contrasting with
"survive unsuccessfully". I understand how you can be unsuccessful at surviving
something, but I
don't think you can survive something unsuccessfully.

Seconded. ;-)