[projectaon] More 24rw errata

  • From: Jonathan Blake <blake.jon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Project Aon List <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 09:57:15 -0700

(er)    61, 289, 334:   If you survive -> If you complete [SO: Or, this
mission successfully -> this mission]

This one is testing my resolve to only change wording that is
incorrect or misleading/burdensome to the reader. The idea that you
could be successful in surviving a mission is not incorrect and it
hints that you must not only survive but be successful for future
missions to take place. But I like Simon's suggestion....

I vote leave as is.

(er)    62 [x2], 124 [x2], 219, 329 [x2]:       grill -> grille [??]

Interesting. Dictionary.com shows "grill" as a variant spelling of
"grille". Leave as is.

(er)    69, 108, 187, 238, 251, 293, 316:       lifeless among -> lifeless
amidst

Leave as-is.

(er)    70:     the remainder spread -> the remainder spreads

Not clear that the "remainder" is acting in unison.

(er)    78:     None...find their -> None...finds its

None can take a singular or plural verb
(http://www.grammarmudge.cityslide.com/articles/article/1026513/9903.htm).
Leave as-is.

(er)    81, 223, 232, : East Quarter -> Eastern Quarter [cf. Northern
Quarter, Southern Quarter]

Place names don't have to be consistent. They grow organically without
the benefit of a rule book.

(er)    81, 232:        Flank Wall -> Flank Avenue [lm: the street is called
flank ave. earlier in the section. flank wall is a street in the west
quarter.]

Fix.

(er)    87, 169, 195, 271, 327: potion to -> potion time to

It's implied so I don't think it's necessary to make it explicit. Leave as-is.

(er)    91, 310:        lune -> Lune

Fix.

(er)    91, 310:        (If you wish to take the Tekaro Chalice, record it on
your Action Chart as a Special Item which you carry in your Backpack.
You must discard one Backpack Item in its favour if you currently have
the maximum number permissible.) -> (If you wish to take the Tekaro
Chalice, record it on your Action Chart as a Backpack Item.)
(er)    91, 310:        record it on your Action Chart as a Special Item which
you carry in your Backpack. -> record it on your Action Chart as a
Backpack Item. [jc: Special Items cannot be carried in the Backpack.]
(er)    91, 310:        If you wish to take the Tekaro Chalice, record it on
your Action Chart as a Special Item which you carry in your Backpack.
-> If you wish to take the Tekaro Chalice, record it on your Action
Chart as a Backpack Item. [bk: It's pretty clearly not a Special Item,
since the next sentence advises you to discard a Backpack Item-- not a
Special Item-- if you're at the max.]

Who am I to disagree with a trio of unanimous reporters? :) Fix.

(er)    99, 121, 234, 318:      the city's west gatehouse. -> the city's south
gatehouse. [lm: it looks like south on the map. according to ref.306
in 06tkot, the city of tekaro lies directly next to the convergence of
the quarl and storn rivers. there wouldn't be room for the highway
mentioned in ref.99 on the west side of the city.]

I'm impressed by the research. :) Fix.

(er)    100:    clouds above you glimpse -> ? clouds above, you glimpse

That does lead down the primrose path a bit doesn't it? Fix.