[projectaon] 02fotw errata

  • From: Jonathan Blake <blake.jon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Project Aon List <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 09:37:09 -0700

(er)    37, 148:        East Bank Walk -> West Bank Walk [tp: Just a
possibility; you are west of the River Dorn at this stage, though not
on its banks. The street doesn't go to the river banks, either;
section 323 strongly implies that it ends and becomes Lookout Street.
I'm not sure what else the street name could be referring to. A bank
of the financial kind?]
(er)    86, 194:        Westbank Wharf -> Eastbank Wharf [tp: This one's more
certain: the geography clearly indicates that you are on the east bank
of the River Dorn at this stage. While we're at it, should we
standardise X Bank vs. Xbank?]

I'm OK with fixing these, but we should gather a solid list of reasons
that we're making these changes so they can go on the errata page.

(er)    142, 263:       [tp: the red and white passes must be collectable even
if you don't have a backpack. To this end, they could be footnoted as
being non-items, like the forged papers (s.327), or they could just be
Special Items.]
(er)    142, 246:       white pass -> White Pass
(er)    246, 263:       red pass -> Red Pass

I lean toward footnoting them as Special Items. Thoughts?

(er)    284:    [Krafen [18-04-2010]: On page 284 of Fire on the Water, in
the last paragraph, a sentence reads "As you slowly drift off to
sleep, you begin a dream about the Sommerswerd." I am not sure how it
was worded in the original book, but I think it should be "you begin
to dream..."]
[so: The original wording is "...you begin a dream..." This seems OK
to me. It is a slightly unusual phrase, but not incorrect.]

It's true that it's an odd way to say it, and I kinda like it. In any
case, as Simon mentioned, it's not really incorrect or overly
burdensome for the reader, so we should leave it alone.