[projectaon] Re: 01hh graphics

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 18:16:38 +0100

Iain Smith wrote:

I took the greyscale image and applied a couple of contrast ehancement cycles then dropped it to 16 colours, the result is below:

http://www.projectaon.org/staff/iain/FreewayWarrior/Pic1_300dpi_greyscale_Edited_16.png

The small amount of noise in that image could easily be cleared up during the contrast cycle. If Simon's willing to scan in all the images in greyscale the way he did that one and forward them to me, I'd be happy to tidy them up ready for use in the published title.

Me sending scans to you is a turn-up, eh? ;-)

I've refined my scanning a bit; I found a tickbox in Scan Manager that
"auto-descreens", automatically removing moiré patterns from the scans, and
giving a better quality result for it. I've worked through all 12 small
illustrations, and they've come out OK in 300dpi greyscale with +10 contrast and
-10 brightness. They're approx 3.5Mb, so the 20 large pics will likely need to
be split into several archives.

I've cropped all 12 small pics to be the same size; obviously, this means some
have more empty space around them than others. I'll leave the final editing of
these to Iain or Jon.

18 of the 19 large pics are also cropped to the same size; only Illustration 1
required a larger size due to that dog's darn paw! >_<

The archives are here:

<http://www.projectaon.org/staff/simon/01hh_Pics_1.rar>
<http://www.projectaon.org/staff/simon/01hh_Pics_2.rar>
<http://www.projectaon.org/staff/simon/01hh_Pics_3.rar>
<http://www.projectaon.org/staff/simon/01hh_Small_Pics.rar>

Iain, I hope you can do something with these!