Re: eloquence outside programs it is embedded in was: NVDA new voice?

  • From: Trouble <trouble1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 09:46:50 -0500

The reason its illegal, is because the programmer of the software. Put code in that software to allow its use with another piece of software., and they paid for that right. now just because that software comes with another chunk of software. Does not give you the right to use it, because you didn't pay for it. To keep that software billable. The program uses special code that lets what ever software that wants to use it the right, but has to be paid. Its all about money and that chunk of software is not free. if you wrote a score keeper for a friends game say football. Now it works great and he gave you $10. Now both are happy and you have the thought that you can get $10 for that code. now lets say me and a few other programmers take that code. use it in our own games and sell those games. now wouldn't you feel like you get your $10 too? When we give you nothing and act like the code was free, because it came with another game?

At 08:57 AM 11/20/2010, you wrote:
I don't understand why, If I have a legal copy of eci, together with jaws,
I am not allowed to use it from another screen reader If I have the possibility. So I write the program, I don't embed any kind of synth in it, but I search on the target machine what synths are there and I try to use one of them
I don't understand why this is ilegal...

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stefan Moisei" <vortex37@xxxxxxxxx>