Re: making network cables

  • From: "Robert Jaquiss" <rjaquiss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 17:13:24 -0600

Hello Haden:

I have made a few network cables with sighted help. There is no independent way to figure out the wire colors. Some of the wires have a white stripe, so the blue wire is different from the blue-white wire. Once you get the wires in order and trimmed, it is possible to slip on the plug and crimp it, but a sighted person should look through the plug to check.

Regards,

Robert

----- Original Message ----- From: "Haden Pike" <haden.pike@xxxxxxxxx>