Re: NVDA new voice?

  • From: "QuentinC" <quentinc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 00:31:21 +0100

I've also heard whispers of an eloquence thing floating around for it,
but I'm not sure if that's legal or if someone can give it to you.

I read somewhere that using eloquence outside of jaws or talks was actually illegal. I don't know if it is really true. That point should really be clarified, perhaps in a separate thread, but the topic is interesting.

Additionnal question: if eloquence is already installed on a system, it's quite easy to open the DLL and start to use the functions. Documentation on this DLL is even available on the web. Is that illegal ?

I really wish that eloquence would be easily available in NVDA, definitely legally. Because espeak is... how to say... terrific.