Re: Seeking possible tasks for Dueling Operating Systems at CSUN

  • From: "Octavian Rasnita" <orasnita@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 12:45:50 +0200

I think that a good comparison shouldn't take into account only the programs considered part of the OS. What should that thing prove? Nothing. Who's using only the programs bundled with the OS?

A good comparison should compare everything. Windows + Jaws + all the programs that can be used under Windows, Linux with Orca and all the programs that can be used under Linux, and so on.

This way would be much simple to let each competitor use whatever he or she likes under the prefered OS, and show if it can do some task easier than other competitors under other systems.

Octavian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ken Perry" <whistler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>