RE: Accessibility guides and research studies from Microsoft

  • From: "DaShiell, Jude T. CIV NAVAIR 1490, 1, 26" <jude.dashiell@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 08:17:28 -0400

Problems visually impaired and blind developers are having with Apple
hardware and software when those actually are accessibility problems
need to be brought to the attention of accessibility@xxxxxxxxx because
that's the only way they'll get addressed and solved.  The thing with
iPhone applications is that they're programmed using objectiveC and they
need to be cocoa-compliant to expose accessibility components needed by
VoiceOver.  The carbon interface is deprecated so far as Apple and
accessibility go.  Even so, it ought to be possible to use tools like
accercizer to check on accessibility during development once that's
built for the Mac.

From: programmingblind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx