Re: A real newbee

  • From: "RicksPlace" <ofbgmail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 06:24:38 -0400

Hi Howard: Indeed. Each of the setup exe modules is the installer for that language. the vbsetup.exe is for the Vb.net and the others are for their respective languages. I too used Liberty Basic for a few years and it is a very nice language and the e-list folks were very good to work with and helpful. As I mentioned, I recommend you take a week or 2 and walk through my booklet on how to use VB.net with a screen reader. It covers downloading, installing and configuring it for use with a screen reader like WindowEyes. It also demonstrates how to build a project, add forms to a project, the use of OOP in the form of Classes, Properties and Methods as well as various hot keys and shortcuts that make accessibility easier.http://EmpowermentZone.com/VB2008WinEyes.zip If you take the time to walk, slogg at times, through this book you will be ready to handle the basics of working in VB.net within the IDE. After that you should be able to extend your learning using the basic accessibility tools in the booklet applied to new learning situations. The Booklet is for folks exactly like you who have an understanding of programming but want to get into using the Visual Studio IDE for it's massive power and Design-Time tools.

Rick USA
Rick USA
If you did not get the url to the booklet it is :.