Re: Accessibility guides and research studies from Microsoft

  • From: Alex Midence <alex.midence@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 11:31:52 -0500

So narrator was supposed to be better than it is, huh?  It's news like
that that makes me be behind stuff like NVDA 100%.  I also applaud
apple for what they did with VoiceOver.  I think said providers of out
of date readers and magnifiers need to be taken down a peg or two and
be made to smell the coffee.  Open source screen readers and cheaper
ones like SATGO might do it.  I hope Microsoft gets involved with
funding NVDA the way Mozilla has.  The one thing I can't believe they
are so far behind on is Java platform applications.  You figure for
about a thousand bucks, you oughta get something that would pay more
attention to the new multiplatform trend that is coming into fashion.
It's why I got so excited when I read the post about a java screen
reader here.  I only wish I weren't such a raw newbie to c++ and could
really contribute to such an undertaking.  I've a question for you all
about that, incidentally, but I'll use a new thread for it to keep
things organized.

Alex