Re: [PCWorks] Running ERUNT question

  • From: "Harold B." <haroldbraun@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 09:16:06 -0400

Larry & Clint ... I forgot to type in Programs. Should have been understood
but then being a stickler for details, I plead guilty. Yes, I meant Start >
Programs > Startup. Happily I can say after rebooting, that there was a
quick registry backup as soon as the screen opened. Putting Erunt in
Startup; great idea. Now for the backups not to swamp my Erdnt folder (as
you know, that's where the backups accumulate: C:\Windows\Erdnt), I have to
be sure that after entering the line that Clint gave us into the Erunt >
Properties > Target box, that the spacing within the line is correct. I'm
sure spacing is important.

Please check the line as I have it below. Note: I already closed the space
between the 5 and the last quote in the Target box (I hope that's the box
where it is meant to go). If it is meant to go there, after you look into my
question of spaces, I should be all right. However, again, right-clicking
that Erunt shortcut in Startup gives me no "autobackup" line. Again, note
that Erdnt in Windows already has an Autobackup folder in it with four dated
backup folders in it. If you tell me the spacing is correct, including my
closing the space between 5 and quote (") at the end, then we'll have it
done. I can also trial and error and change that last number to 1 and keep
tabs on what happens in Erdnt. But if you can confirm or correct my spacing
in that (we'll call it a backup limiting line), it will save me trial and
error time and we'll put it to rest..

"Put it to rest" reminds me of a cartoon a few days ago in the NY Times.
Bill, in private, is talking to Hillary saying (paraphrasing): "So Hillary,
do you think if you say a few words to the delegates, like get them excited
about your presence, do you think you might have a chance..." And Hillary
interrupts him saying, "Put it to rest, Bill, put it to rest" --- Harold