Re: [PCWorks] Running ERUNT question

  • From: "Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin" <PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 00:47:04 -0500

No it does more than backup the registry.  It should tell you
about it in the Readme file:
http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/erunt.txt

> I'm interested in the comment he made
> regarding only saving the last 5 days.
> I'm just not sure how to implement it.

I already told you in my post Larry:

If you don't want it to keep backups for weeks, months, years,
and it will if you don't tell it, right click the icon in the
Startup folder and change that line to this:

"C:\Program Files\ERUNT\AUTOBACK.EXE"
%SystemRoot%\ERDNT\AutoBackup\#Date# /noconfirmdelete
/noprogresswindow /days:5

That suffix at the end:  [space]/days:5   means it will save
the last 5 days of backups.  That way you don't have to keep
going to the ERUNT folder in the Windows directory and delete
old backups.

If you don't have it in the Startup folder then you installed
it wrong and need to install it again.  You apparently said
"no" when it asked if you wanted it placed in the Start Up
folder.  Or look at the URL above and it may tell you how to do
it without having to reinstall it.  Look at the line "Or, to
have ERUNT automatically backup the registry.......", but that
doesn't make sense because I don't have any ERUNT folder in my
C: root directory.  I also don't have any executable in the
C:\WINDOWS\ERDNT folder.  So you may have to install it again.
That page also tells you how to run it and restore from DOS if
your PC won't start.
-Clint

God Bless
Clint Hamilton, Owner