Re: [PCWorks] Running ERUNT question

  • From: "Harold B." <haroldbraun@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 13:42:23 -0400

There is so much being written here (and I'm guilty of it) but my three
questions have not been answered.

1. Exactly where do I paste that line? I'm assuming, and correct me if I am
wrong, that an Erunt shortcut should be put into the Start menu > Startup,
and then, as you say below, right-click that icon > Properties, and in the
Target box paste the line.
2. Paste it with or without the quotes?
3. Note that copying that line from the postings might put spaces where
spaces should not be. I'm showing it below without any spaces. Maybe I
should know better that "command lines" are not supposed to have spaces. If
spaces should be there, please let me know. With these three questions
answered, I'm sure the matter can be put to rest

 Now I'm interested in the answers but my shortcut key, Ctrl+Alt+(whatever
key anyone wants to use) brings Erunt right up and "OK" does the job. I put
a semi-colon (;) as I explained before; that's a personal choice. I used to
use that key for my dial-up with a quick move of the pinky to Enter and zip,
I was on the internet.

Now I'm with DSL, on the internet as soon as I boot up. My semi-colon was
crying to me, "All the other keys are being used, so what am I good for?" I
told it that it was good for making a little longer pause than a plain
ordinary comma. That didn't work, it wanted more. --- Harold

PS: Clint, your digest email seems to be coming in almost as fast as
receiving individual postings. I might need to receive a digest of a day's
digests. ;-)

> Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin wrote:
> Again, you cannot change the icon's properties in the Startup folder other
> than what I said (to change the days it saves backups). If you don't want
> it to keep backups for weeks, months, years, and it will if you don't tell
> it, right click the icon in the Start Up folder and change that line to
> this:
"C:\Program Files\ERUNT\AUTOBACK.EXE"
%SystemRoot%\ERDNT\AutoBackup\#Date#/noconfirmdelete
/noprogresswindow/days:5"