Re: [PCWorks] Running ERUNT question

  • From: "Harold B." <haroldbraun@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PC Works_LIST" <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 15:57:25 -0400

Larry and Clint, tt really is impossible to know where the spaces are when a
long path is posted. However, Clint did give me a hint how it can be figures
out. Using the left and right arrows on the keyboard, see how they slide along
where you might think there is a space. There appears to be a space between
Program and Files (all right, that makes sense) and then between exe" and %,
between Date# and the forward slash, between noconfirmdelete and the forward
slash, and between noprogresswindow and the forward slash. In addition, the way
it was posted, there appears to be a space between the 5 and the last quote.

I'm a stickler for this because I assume every dot, dash, and space is
important. I doubt if the space between the 5 and the last quote was meant to
be so I'll close that up if it is all right. Correct me if I am wrong about all
the above spaces. If I had a screen six feet wide, there would be no problem
here. I find when posting long URL's or paths, there always appears to be
difficulties. Maybe I'm looking too much into details. J

"C:\Program Files\ERUNT\AUTOBACK.EXE" %SystemRoot%\ERDNT\AutoBackup\#Date#
/noconfirmdelete /noprogresswindow /days:5 "

Larry, when I go to Start > Startup, yes, there is the Erunt shortcut which I
put there.. But when right-clicking it, I find no "autobackup" line; just the
usual options found in right-clicking shortcuts. And when clicking Properties,
I AM able to put into the Target line that above path. Is that where it is
supposed to go? And I just want to do it right with those spaces I mentioned
above making sure they are where they ought to be, and are not where they ought
not to be. I'd still like to hear someone say, "Yes, the path is to be placed
into the Target box of the Erunt shortcut which is in the Start > Startup
folder" (something like that) J. You have already answered that the beginning
and ending quotes are to remain.

This is my last post on this. If I'm mising something besides my "marbles" I'll
be quite satisfied to periodically use that shortcut key (easy enough). With
that said, I'll go outside and get myself a life. It's a beautiful day here in
Brighton Beach; I'll enjoy a good walk on the beach or on the boardwalk. It's
right in front of my building. Speaking of commas and semi-colons, I hope I'm
using the right (correctly?). --- Harold