-=PCTechTalk=- Re: windows update

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 21:59:02 -0500

Open up Windows Explorer and look inside your main Windows folder.  If you
set Explorer to show you the contents of folders in Details mode, you can
tell when things were installed by looking at the date of the "$hf_mig$"
folder.  This folder is modified every time Windows Update installs
something, so the date of the folder is changed to reflect that.

Within that folder are individual hidden folders, one for every update
installed on the system.  The name of the folder with the most recent date
is the Knowledgebase number of the latest patch applied to your system and
you can use that to look up exactly what the patch was supposed to fix.
There may be more than one that were installed on that date.

Happy Holidays,
Gman