-=PCTechTalk=- Re: windows update

  • From: ~OoO~ <SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 02:32:54 -0400

Click on START > right-click on MY COMPUTER > PROPERTIES > AUTOMATIC UPDATES
tab > and then make sure to select DOWNLOAD UPDATES FOR ME, BUT LET ME CHOOSE
WHEN TO INSTALL THEM.
Now, when the system find new updates, it'll download them for you, and then
pop up a msg saying updates are downloaded and ready to install. You'll then be
given a choice of doing an EXPRESS INSTALL or a CUSTOM INSTALL.  Choose CUSTOM,
as EXPRESS will just install everything it downloaded. You choose CUSTOM and
then you will see all the patches and updates for your system. They will all be
checked. But, scroll through the whole list and uncheck whatever you don't want
(for example, the Windows Genuine Advantage patch, which comes often enough).
If you uncheck something, after hitting OK or CONTINUE or NEXT, it will ask you
if you want them to remind you of the unchecked items later. Pop a check mark
in there saying to never remind you again. Then continue on, and live happily
ever after.

======================================
= SirTroth
= ICQ: 1717439