-=PCTechTalk=- Re: spyware - NewDotNet

  • From: "Chris Spotta" <chris@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 15:24:29 +0100

Boot windows normally.
Update ad-aware definitions, download spybot and update the definitions for
that too.
Reboot into safe mode > run spybot then adaware in that order
Remove everything they find.
If they crash while removing spyware post back for different instructions.
Once you have run them both go to C:/Windows/Prefetch (are you on XP? - post
does not say) and delete all files while still in safemode
Then go Start > Run and type in ' %temp% ' - delete all in that folder
Empty your recycle bin.
Reboot normally - that should have got rid of 95% of it
If you have spyware left over post back and we'll work on it one at a time

Regards

Chris
callto://spotta/
chris@xxxxxxxxxx