-=PCTechTalk=- Re: spyware - NewDotNet

  • From: "Cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 14:04:42 -0400

*sigh!
ok - spybot only found 2 things - in  windows security center -
Adaware found about 10 tracking cookies.
that was it.
I ran cleanUP! 3.12 - then checked your method to see if anything remained in
those folders, and they were empty. (yes, sorry - I am on xp home). Even those
stubborn files! I manually deleted folders that were back on the computer that
I had read were related to the spyware. If they weren't, and belonged to a
program that someone put on my computer - tough!
I haven't tested IE out yet other than I opened it - and nothing has popped up
at me. I am holding my breath! hoping that those nasty files in the tmp folder
were the culprit!
I have to run out to the store - my daughter is leaving in a couple of days for
her first year of college - so, when we get back, I'll scream if it is still
producing pop ups! thank you very much!
Cris