-=PCTechTalk=- Re: pctechtalk Digest V3 #43 -much too BIG!!

  • From: "Cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 09:02:31 -0500

oh no!! I hope they don't start doing that here!! there will
be a lot of people getting new hobbies!
as for the phone companies - this is true - that they are
loosing business from computers, but not as much as from
cell phones. cell phones now have such great deals -
weekends and nights to talk for free - and expanded daytime
minutes. Even my 90 year old mother-in-law got a cell phone
now!! I never thought that would happen! But most people
that I know now, talk for free on their cell phones. I doubt
the phone companies would charge for line usage - I'm on
cable, and don't pay through a telephone company anyway -
and I would bet that if phone companies would start to
charge if you had your internet connection through them, as
many people who had the ability to move to cable, would
cancel their phone connections and move to cable. I switched
years ago, and it was cheaper for me to be on my cable
connection than my phone companies's dial up! (I had a
dedicated line).
just food for thought -
cris
(trying to get through 150 e-mails ! )