-=PCTechTalk=- Re: pctechtalk Digest V3 #43 -much too BIG!!

  • From: "Bashful Bob" <Bashfulbob@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 09:12:17 -0600

Hi Bob
Just a little nit picking on my part here.

That is the transmission across this country, the oceans to other worlds are
NOT FREE. We all say that (me included) because we do not pay for the long
distant calling and or usage. These messages go over long distance phone
lines, satellites, transatlantic cable, microwave towers, etc. etc. They
cost, period.

England, if I remember correctly and for instance, pay for the amount of
time they are on the puter. It's not cheap. Think they pay for the time
usage of XP too.

Anyway, a few years back, there was talk among certain companies to start
the same thing here. Also if my memory serves me correctly, there was
discussions that the XP we get in this country has the programs on it, ready
to be activated, for paying for the time usage of the OS.

You stop and figure, that the phone companies are missing out on a lot of
profit by not charging the user for the long distance emails.There are
claims that emails have put a dent into the revenues for telephone long
distance calls.

That being said, there are a lot of people that do not have computers.
Computers are mostly confined to the city and surrounding areas. Rural, and
I do mean rural, areas, don't have ISPs, cable, etc. We just got DSL lines
(as in telephone, not cable) in last year and we are 50 miles south of
Chicago. Yes there are exceptions to this, but by in large it holds true.

Hope this make sense. Did I open a can of worms here LOLOLOL.

Life is what happens in between plans.

Virus free email by Norton's
This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and/or entity to
confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are
not the addressee, or authorized to receive this on behalf of the addressee,
you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose, or distribute
to anyone this message or any part thereof. If you have received this in
error, please immediately advise the sender by e-mail and delete this
information. Thank you