-=PCTechTalk=- Re: manually setting restore points/vista

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 01:48:47 -0400

Ok, line noise seems to be what you're asking about here.

Whenever a signal passes through a wire, cable or even through the air (as
in wireless), there is always an opportunity for noise to be introduced into
the original signal.  All noise an additional signal that's present at or
near that wire, cable, etc. anywhere along its length.  This noise is
basically 'added' to the original signal and you get a combination of the
two signals at the other end of the connection.  The second signal could be
an actual good signal (as in a second conversation over a phone line) that
'bleeds' a bit over onto the wire that is carrying your conversation, or it
might be something like interference introduced by a microwave source (an
large antenna, a microwave oven, etc.).  Just having a wire, cable or
wireless signal pass by or through a motor could introduce a lot of noise to
the original signal.

The result is a signal that is degraded, sometimes to the point where the
original signal is far overshadowed by the volume of the noise itself.

Peace,
Gman

http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.php